Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Far Off Night Storm...

From my hilltop home i saw
     a thunderous storm brewing in the distance,
with sideways lightning lighting up the clouds
     like bulbs flashing as they die
The tumult grabbed my eye
     and i stood on the porch gazing
in that overused word, "wonder"
     but what else is there to say
when you view Nature in this form?
    The air was sticky and warm
and so distant was the storm
     that i did not hear the peal and crack
as the bolts of light zigged and zagged this way and that
    and i could imagine mighty oaks falling
as the rain and thunder came crashing down
     I, in my safe haven in Connecticut,
saw this storm, that was in far off Long Island;
    hours away by car, but not as far as the nearest star
I marvelled at the scene that played out
     with the starry night sky as the screen,
glad that it had been that far off...

No comments:

Post a Comment