Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Poet's Soul...

A new start to an old beginning
     been with me so long
but the desire's never dimming
    So many thoughts and emotions
my head is almost always swimming
    Tears of joy and frustration
keep my eyes brimming...

What excites you,
     what invites you
what is it that delights you?
     Take me to your mountaintop
and let me have your view
     My words echo my thoughts
in the deep caverns of my soul
    but the light they have always sought
is a slim measure of my own control...

What makes a poet
     starts in the heart
what's in the soul
    is just the faintest of sparks
What is on your mind
    is always a good start
This is where i have been led...

2 comments:

  1. My first official poem produced for my blog... inspired by thoughts of daring to call myself a poet which anyone can do, but how many can honestly claim others call them such... it took quite some time before i accepted the moniker from friends but now i, humbly, accept it... thank you to my friends who have convinced me of such... peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your words. Your words are stronger than a train wreck ( or car) :)
    They help us look inside ourself to know which way we should go in our life.
    Thank you my friend

    ReplyDelete