Sunday, July 31, 2011

Like a Good Neighbor...

A change of heart
     does not always mean
a change in mind
     sometimes all it takes
is one random act of kindness
     for you to get over your momentary blindness
see the light still shines
     from deep within the darkness
where we all place ourselves from time to time
     Not to say moments of despair
and grim reminders won't return again;
     to paraphrase Joe Cocker,  "that is the way i felt back then"
and maybe if i read the words again i might learn the lesson
     for believe i'm not the only one reading these words,
scratching my head and guessing
     just what i meant and who might have sent me
these thoughts as new to me as they are to you
     and in the moments after i'm through
read them again and every time they are new
     not me, 
perhaps us,
    me and you...

No comments:

Post a Comment