Monday, July 18, 2011

The Cat in the Hat...

I'm no longer young
     but i don't feel my age
Feel younger than everyone
    which is strange for this stage
So i take small steps
     in doubt, hesitation and fear
hoping that i'll learn and grow
    with each coming year...

And i think about my mother
     about the world she knows
and how she tried to teach me
     and keep me on my toes
The greatest things she gave me
     i still believe she does not know
my love of music and my songs
     inside of her is where they began to grow...

And i once thought i knew
     but now i know better to believe
And always know where is the door
     and when it's best to say goodbye and leave
This lesson was the hardest
     curiosity sure can kill that cat
and if satisfaction is what brought him back
     you must decide upon bare facts...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment