Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mentior? ( Do I Lie? )...

Crumpled parchment moon
      held up by gossamer strings
surrounded by incandescent clouds
     reminding me of cherubim wings
Wake me, shake me, take me there
     above and beyond worries and cares,
shadows of doubt and sad-eyed stares
    to somewhere where i might belong
For i have never been that strong
    it seems, rarely right and more likely wrong
in my insane struggle to get along
    i fight with my hands tied to false pride
and anger at the misconceptions,
   sleight of hands and misdirections
so hard i find to make a connection
   when i don't even understand myself
Possessing a wealth of useless knowledge
   i taught myself and failed out of my own college
do more harm than good, more cowardice than courage
     the scourge of my own existence
my laments pile high with renewed persistence
    it is only at your insistence i rouse to give you another glimpse
It may sound funny but, please, don't feed the monkey....

No comments:

Post a Comment