Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Not So Different After All...

When the air is fresh
     my soul and the earth mesh
it is anybody's guess
     where the two will take me
Shake me, wake me now
     someone show me how
all the leaves that grow
   eventually fall without breaking
Time will tell if this spell will last
   time to break this fast
for my thirst needs slaking

When the sun is bright
     wish i were a kite
when the wind is right
     i could soar forever
but my feet stay rooted
     though they are unbooted
and the truth is man was never meant to fly
   But my spirit soars
and i ever seek more,
     more than what i am
a solitary, lonely man
    since i can remember
For no one sees my pain
    they only read my words
and i can't help but wonder
     just what it is you heard
if you decide to take a second look

 Crying in the wilderness 
     of concrete it is anybody's guess,
the echo that you hear
    between the asphalt and tears
The steam vents billow ever on
   while below the city, in the tunnels
families huddle closer to keep warm
    in their Stygian dank homes
Realize they're not alone
    others just don't recognize their surroundings
because we all are truly floundering
    searching to belong...

2 comments:

  1. Spooky, how we seem to think alikne, anonymous.. thank you for the reading and thank you for the comment... it means more than you know... peace

    ReplyDelete