Sunday, July 24, 2011

Good Night...

Let sleep take me
     but not that far
Let me return on a shooting star
     with my hair on fire and my eyes aflame
different from the journey
     but with my soul the same
somehow it's a sad wish to thus remain 

Let the moon wake me
     with it's amber glow
with a sweet smile
     for only she knows where i go
Let me rise in the current
     of the Milky Way's glow,
scooping the cream off the top
 
Let the sun wonder where i was,
    i won't tell him just because
Just tell him i was here ere he rose
    and watch his embarrassment
as it glows on his cheeks and nose
     Let the clouds not move till i wake them
as they fall out of bed, let me not break them
    Then on a journey let me take them,
lest the wind take them away....

No comments:

Post a Comment