Sunday, July 31, 2011

Propertius Lives Still...

The same Tears
but for different reasons,
     the Years fall away
like the changing Seasons,
returning to find me still here;
a little smaller , 
     a little sadder 
with each passing year...
 
Is there Hope in recognition,
     what would move these feet of clay,
what cure for Doubt and Indecision
     and the Darkness standing in your way?...
 
How to bear vile words,
spat with contempt and derision,
     how many times must i bear your faults
and then tread softly around your condition,
     which is no worse
or better than mine,
but borne of different Sorrows,
      making it harder to be kind,
but this heart cannot bear
being broken another time,
     though it has always beaten for you,
 now, i let you beat me and my foolish Beliefs...
    
The one thing i cannot fathom
is why you would ever doubt my Love,
or me;
     one Day,
perhaps,
you will see me in different Light
and see in Truth,
you did not treat me right
     You took the Soul, that was yours,
out of the Knight
who would still Die for you...
 
     Sadly,
you could not,
would not
allow yourself to Believe
this true,
     maybe I am not enough
for you;
if you had allowed,
maybe,
 Together,
we have Saved
each other
     but now,
we'll  never know the Truth,
a Love,
despite all,
that is still here,
 for you...

3 comments:

  1. from January of this year... to paraphrase Joe Cocker, "at the time i really felt that way"...
    people and thoughts change... :)
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. sitting herewith tears rolling down my cheeks reading this babes ...fabulous talent for showing inside your heart.xx Scarlett

    ReplyDelete