Sunday, July 31, 2011

Don't Tell Me it's Raining...

I believe what someone tells me
     until i find i can't
Excuses and stuttering denials
     and nervous movements of hands
Even took a course once to help me understand
     the signs that remind you,
the cold, limp fingers when you shake hands
     but we all come to know, it is how we grow
to see what's real behind what they try to conceal
     How my blood boils and then congeals
at my all too trusting soul
    for i am truly what you see
While there may be many sides to me,
    the heart remains the same
and i don't play games
     Somethings in me haven't changed
because there is no need
     but i heed, eventually...
Sometimes it takes another to help me see
     for all the same it is hard for me to believe
souls so dark they don't see
     their true intent is easy to perceive
once you look into their eyes
    Lord, protect me from the lies...

No comments:

Post a Comment