Sunday, July 24, 2011

Non, Ego, Sed Tenuis Vapulat Umbra Mea (Not I, but My Wasted Shadow You Smite)...

Still here, how 'bout you?
    Wonder how it is He chooses;
someone wins and someone loses,
     this isn't Milton Bradley's game of Life
Amid the tales of grief and strife
     hidden in darkness, avoiding light
we all struggle with what's right
     but just how long do you peruse?

The wrong, the right; the Eternal plight
     of figuring out just when to fight
and when to turn tail and take flight
     removing the obscenities from your eyes....

The good, the bad and the oh, so ugly
    visions come and go, the lessons, slower sadly
you know if it was up to me i'd turn domineering potentate
    absolute power corrupts absolutely
a lesson leaders of the past (and present) learned way too late....

Take me up into the heavens
    or give unto to me bread unleavened
or teach us all to treat each other as brethren
    because to me it seems a mixed message you've been sending
Forgive my, impertinence
    but don't ignore my persistence
i would go up and in an instant
    if i thought it would do any good...

No comments:

Post a Comment