Sunday, July 17, 2011

If You're Concerned...

It's the same, old story
     it's the same every time,
trying to find the words
    but will they fit on the line?
And you tell me, i seem to know
    but i don't
but tell me what did i show you
    in learning how to cope,
trying to find some hope?
Tell me, how do you deal?

It's a viscious circle
     and we're all trapped inside
but that should give you more time
     than you need to decide
if you'll keep on flowing
     or stand against the tide
depending on which sea you're facing
     If perchance you float,
would you throw me a rope
     or teach me how to do the same?

I was talking to a friend
     who said i had some things to say
but we all do, so who's to listen
     Would rather live alone
without a telephone
     and all the things i won't be missing
When my time is done
     and i have no place to run
tell me, where do you think i'll go?

If you're concerned aboiut it
     then leave your mark
I'll carry mine with me
    until the right time comes along
Then i'll drop it
    making sure that it won't break
and watch all the ripples
    that flow within my wake
I might ride the tide,
     i might not survive
but either way i'll be in the flow...

3 comments:

  1. This poem is actually the lyrics to one of the first songs i wrote about 30 years or so ago... a friend of mine made a video out of a demo i made about 20 years ago and you can find it on Youtube if your interested (or should i say "concerned" - soon i hope to be able to post links to other songs so keep an eye open, dear readers... peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or just go to the music video page of this blog.. you will find it there

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are quick, Judy...hahahaha... thanks again for all your help... peace

    ReplyDelete